Adding songs to the library is an essential tool for many users. Many streaming services consider it important enough to present this option as an unique button (usually a heart or + icon) in the key “Now Playing View”. Unfortunately, not all do that. Let’s check this out, service by service:
Add song to library option available as a single click?
- Spotify: yes. (Heart shaped button in the right corner)
- Tidal: yes. (Heart shaped button in the right corner)
- Qobuz: yes. (Heart shaped button next to play button)
- Deezer: yes. (Heart shaped button next to play button)
- Apple Music: no. (Hidden in “…” Then “Add to Library” is the 4th item)
- Amazon Music Unlimited: no. (“…” vertical dots, then “+ Add to my music” is the first item)
- IDAGIO: no. (“….”, then Heart shaped button “Add Track to Collection” is the first option.
When you move away from the now playing screen, all apps provide a “ribbon” in the lower part of the screen where it always show the current song name and basic play/pause controls). Do the apps offer a button to “add to the library” in the permanent control ribbon?
- Spotify: no (additional button is “Listening On…”)
- Tidal: no (additional button is next track).
- Amazon Music Unlimited: no (additional button is next track).
- Apple Music: no (additional button is next track).
- Qobuz: no (and no additional button).
- IDAGIO: no (and no additional button).
- Deezer: yes!
Bonus idea: imagine how useful would it be if you could add songs without opening the app! “Shake the phone to add song” maybe?
This is bad (Apple Music now playing screen):
This is good: (Deezer now playing screen):
This is great: (Deezer permanent control ribbon):