Now, I am not expecting a resurgence of the Keytar any time soon. But like the devil, the Keytar is sure to rear its ugly head on current electronic music in some other form. In fact, AutoTune has essentially been the Keytar of the ’00s, and it still creeps into this decade far too often.
Here are the some Keytar signs to look out for:
- It will seem cute at the time.
- There will be a mega-hit that spawns little Keytar children.
- You’ll hear it in a TV commercial.
- Your mom and dad will talk about it.
- There’ll be a toy in Wal-Mart that emulates it.